Sunday, December 03, 2006

An Honourable Concession

 Dear Mr Ignatieff

I sincerely feel, with no reservations, that you have run the gauntlet of returning to Canada and will genuinely win the hearts of many more Canadians having heard your final speech of the Leadership race. With generosity, grace and encouragement to those who supported you, you underscored the uniting of the Liberal Party. This act of leadership will be remembered.

I was a supporter of Mr. Dion after David Orchard, whom I greatly respect, asked me to consider him, I informed myself as best a possible all the candidates. I must admit I had great doubts as to the mechanics of your choice by certain parties in the Liberal organization. This and other issues were an unfortunate disadvantage to you but in the end, on that stage you conceded with honour and you have my greatest respect.

Welcome to Canada.

John Warren

No comments: