Sunday, September 18, 2005

CBC - 'America's Own'

Bowling For Columbine

Copy:
Rt. Hon. Paul Martin
Minister Frulla
My Blog - http://worthfighting4.blogspot.com/

8:08pm EST, Sept. 18/05

As you are airing “Bowling For Columbine” at this moment, I think it appropriate that I am NOT, and emailing you with respect to my “flexibility”.

I had been looking forward to your Docs, particularly “Bowling”, since I first saw your adverts. I am letting you know that I am supporting Michael Moore’s ‘moral’ position of withdrawing his creation as a protest of your “lockout” and I, choosing instead, to compose and send my position.

CBC is less and less being “Canada’s Own” (my own) and more becoming ‘America’s Own’. Not only do I find myself watching less and less, your URL in my history bar is sinking lower and lower.

Sadly and sincerely,


CBC Official Negotiations Page

End the CBC lockout

September 16, 2005
rabble.ca

Authors Alice Munro and June Callwood, former Prime Minister Joe Clark, Nobel Prize-winning scientist John Polanyi and actor R.H. Thomson are among those who will join forces on September 21 to show their support for public broadcasting and to encourage an end to the CBC lockout. >by Staff >press release

See also...

September 18, 2005

Michael Moore weighs in on CBC lockout

American documentarian Michael Moore has demanded that the CBC drop plans to air his Academy Award-winning film, Bowling for Columbine, Sunday evening because of the month-long lockout at the public broadcaster. >The Globe and Mail

No comments: